MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Epiphany

There is a social code and if one breaks the social code then certain people will get upset. It does not matter if they get upset if you do not mind them getting upset at you, but if it does concern you then you are less likely to break the social code.

I care if these people get upset at my breaking the code because they know certain people better than I do, who I want to get to know better.

This is doubly stupid because there is no way in hell I can get to know these far-off people better without breaking the code, due to the rules of the code.

There is nothing left to do than to laugh in the face of the code as I break it, because I can only think of a couple people who would get tiffed at me for doing so, and if the people they know better than I do are turned against me due to the resentment of these people, then the people I would like to know better are not as great as I think they are right now.

That would be sad, but at least then I would know something more about them.

In fact, in breaking the code I will listen to so many more people than I would before, and I will be so much more intimate and happy and honest and fulfilled!

So whoop-de-doo!

PS If you can understand this then I applaud you, and you shall be wise