MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Horrible Horrible Awful Day

Today really really sucked. I am so worn out from listening to really sad angry music while being sad and angry, that I don't think I can go on being aware without a rest. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and I feel like I'm looking at someone else. I put my hair up today and I had intense peripheral vision, which I don't know if I like. It made me feel really perky and happy for a while, until other things brought me down later. We had an intense guest speaker who was like a black incarnate of a really traumatic teacher I had in middle school. I didn't think anyone could be worse than my Lit teacher, but oops, I was wrong. At least some people enjoyed him.

On a good note, I'm going to see the Decemberists on Monday with some people I really enjoy. I wish there wasn't school tomorrow, if it wasn't for the fact that I will see my best friend. She is the only person who understands me when I feel like I'm on the outside, and no one looks out the window to notice. I'm so glad that I talked to her today. We talked right after I woke from a nap, and it was a nice way to wake up.