MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Ja, Man!

All that really matters is what things are like RIGHT NOW. That is all that is worth thinking about, because alternate universes are there to be pondered, but never to be solved. Don't forget what you like now, or what you liked then, but there is no use planning what you will like in the future. But the real point of what I am trying to say is that if you spend hours wondering what another person will do in the future, you'll never live in the present. And living in the present is why we are alive.

PostScript. A hobo gave me the peace sign today. I liked that. And at that exact instant, stayin' alive came on the radio. It was a beautiful moment, worth mentioning in a song.