MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

A Soliloquy for a Lazy Summer Day

My cousin once told me that in the summer, in Virginia, the air is so humid all your clothes stick to you and it's difficult to breathe. I imagined myself living down there, watering my shady little garden on a hot day, when the plants felt kind of wilty, and while everyone was obliged to wear summer dresses.

In the midafternoon when the sun became too lazy over the people, I would get some homemade lemon pops out of the ice chest in the cellar, and all the neighborhood children and I would sit on my wraparound front porch savoring them. I'd use the stream of a garden hose to melt away the stickyness of the lemon pops from my fingers.

Listening to: Winter Wooksie - Belle and Sebastian

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... lemony lemony popps. I would kill for a wraparound porch. We should really make lemonade pops sometime.

-rose

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home