MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Deilig er Jordan

I used to think that stretching it a painful activity, but then I bought a yoga video. The yoga master-man had a really soothing voice, and he would softly talk about enjoying the feeling of the stretch over the soft flute and generated breeze music. After that it wasn't painful anymore.

What I like about stretching is that makes me notice the present. And I like the idea of being completely influential to myself, like when I can bend more and more each day because I decide to.

I like when I've been upside down for a little while, and then dizzily stand up straight, and a lovely rosiness colours my cheeks.

It's easy to forget to pay attention to how you feel from time to time, and that's why it tickles me when I do notice.

Manhattan Skyline - Kings of Convenience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home