MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Coin Operated Boy? No thank you.

Hey, midterms are over. For the most part I TOTALLY kicked ass. Life is pretty wonderful right now; I'm happy. I spent the whole night with Anthony last night, and went out to dinner with Kent's dad + girlfriend at a El Salvidorian restaurant in Kingston tonight. Yessss for candied plantain. Yumnish.

Woo, happiness. Not much to blog about. Nat also came over last night, we played him some REALLY good music, and he gave Christine and I a mixed cd this morning -- it's decorated! He's a sweetheart, and I really want to go to a concert with him sometime, since I missed the Decemberists in NYC. Radiohead, perhaps? Belle and Sebastian? God, everyone comes to NYC, and it's easy to get there. I'm in artistic heaven.

I'm going to cousin Judy's for Thanksgiving. She's awesome, I got a postcard from her this morning. It had a picture of a home on it. A real home! I'm going to have a home for a weekend!

I love love from people I don't know that well. It makes me optimistic about the world, and more secure in that I am a sincere and good person. Hey, it's even better to get love from people who know you really well. Same thing, except even more of an intense security. It's the best when someone likes you when they first meet you, and then keep discovering that they like you more and more. I like people more and more and more... finally! I was afraid that I'd never get to know someone at Bard who could carry on a conversation and like me at the same time. We all deserve it, don't we?

I think that the Dresden Dolls are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home