MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Travail Famille Patrie (etat francais).

I'm listening to Prabir online and diddling with stuff on my desk. Six dimes fit perfectly around the circumference of a franc. I have palmfuls of old coins on my desk from when this Russian (Czech?) gentleman visited my elementary school class and gave us a bunch of change from his wallet. Well... was pressured into forking it over by (us) small child robbers. I like to seal letters with wax embedded with foreign coins. It's sad that they always fall off though.

Megan and I aren't going dancing tonight, but it's ok because I am feeling increasingly more tired as the more. I. think.

I only got 6.5 hours of sleep last night.
No matter how little sleep I get, I can never manage to beat you, Carey.

Hmm so I would write a letter to Drew right now, but I'm afraid I'm out of stationary and thus out of luck. I could go all artsy and write it on the back of one of Huntsy's articles though....

*yawns groggily*

Mmm it's really dark outside, but you can still see the trees so I'm in the jungle. It looks like the cover of Heart of Darkness, and remembering this makes my brain connections feel really pathetic and useless. I remember lots of things day to day that don't make sense when I retell them, which is bothersome.

As David Sedaris says, "What she thought about while looking at the waves was a complete mystery, yet you could tell that these thoughts pleased her, and that she liked herself better while thinking them."

I am very much like this. Looking around makes me think of awesome things that make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to people later, because I lack sleep and am incoherant and they are not "with it." But nevertheless I entertain myself constantly. This is good, because I am often happy and amused when solitary.

And it is important to have the ability to be happy when you are alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home