MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

I have been having the most amazing weekend, and now I feel like I have an enormous hangover or something. I went babysitting this afternoon, and Tre played with action figures and killed them about a thousand times. He is adorable, and very hyperactive.. he likes to pretend he is flying.

I read him a story called "The Long, Long Letter." That should definitely go into the Children's Book Database.. it's super sweet. All of the characters have bulbous rosy noses. I realized how much I like reading to kids, because you get to use crazy voices. They sit on your lap and giggle at the pictures, and when you make jokes they really pay attention.

Babysitting is all about getting to know the kid you're with, so you can have interesting conversations about Batman vrs. Captain Planet or whatever.

I would like to say publicly that I like snails. This is one of Cordell's snails:


Edit: P.S. Props to Lucas for his mad crazy photographer skills!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is one of Cordell's snail. Isn't that the one he stepped on later? "You only hurt the ones you love"

Today I skipped yoga and Drew and I had an epic cuddle and then danced around to SLGTM and had a really good laugh. I'm so glad you're happy, since your happiness is so contagious. Maybe it's the spring.

P.S. You should find Carey another Wainscot Weasel.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, its an awesome snail -coughitookthepicture-cough-

But yeah,
Maia's happliness is kinda catchy.

Mucho Thankso!

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home