MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Melodies

I think that Jamaican reggae-soul music is the christmas carol of the summer season. Think about it, they embrace "the almighty" while bongos play and you hear waterfalls and wind and stuff. It gives me a similar feeling to listening to "Noel" next to a lighted christmas tree, cozy and happy and reading a book. It's optimistic about happiness and goodness in people, I think.

I was listening to some in the car this morning, and the thought just creeped up on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home