MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Be calm young lovers and follow your star, be calm and faithful and true, cling very close to each other tonight, i've been in love like you...

Today was my day off, so I slept in late. Then my mum and I went shopping, and I got a new messenger bag and two pairs of shoes. The mall scares me. It's a heinous place and I never want to work there. But, at least I came out alive with shoes. I think I've been influenced by too much Sex in the City watching, because I kind of went crazy in there. And I've never bought unpractical shoes before, but these are just so IMPRACTICAL. It's awesome. good times.

Ah, then I went to Yujung's house for 4 1/2 HOURS to help setup her campaign, mostly making her graphics. I'll be wearing her campaign shirt all week to promote, as will Anna, because I say so. We've got teensy slips of paper and stars to hand out, like last year. Yujung is running against Nate Lindquist. I don't care SO much if she wins this year or not. I mean, I'll help out how I can, but last year was so frantic and desperate. She's mellowed out a bit, but maybe she is just more listlessly depressed.

I, however, am not trying to catagorize her, just to be clear.

Since Rose is not feelin' so hot (feel better!), I decided not to watch But I'm A Cheerleader for the second time in two days like I was planning, and instead I watched Almost Famous on ABC, and a little bit of an oxygen movie, that was with Denise Richards in a threesome. I love oxygen movies. Denise is such a bad actress, it's kind of sad, but there's a place for all these things. Yeah, so now I'm tired and I ate a whole bunch of Morinaga Hichew green apple chews so I think my teeth are going to rot, but they're nummy. Too bad they're all gone now...

I don't believe I am (necessarily) a lesbian. What was trying to verbalise earlier was simply that I enjoy the lesbian love scene in Cheerleader much better than many heterosexual love scenes in Hollywood blockbusters, say, Top Gun for instance. Maybe this culture is too desensitized to sensuality, or it just isn't portrayed anymore. Touch, I mean.

Dinner tonight was so cute! Teesy-weensy Nori squares, with rice, and strips of tofu, carrot, cabbage, crab fish, beef etc all rolled up, garnished with soy sauce and wasabi with little spoons! And little bowls of mushroom soup! Yujung's mom is so awesome!

My day really wasn't so bad after all. Next week I'm going to do more things I want to do in the evenings, I'm going to MAKE IT HAPPEN. So there. If that works out (only an econ project due on tuesday! oh no, and that history test...) then I won't have to wait for Saturday to goof off. Seven days is too long to wait for another break.

0 Comments:

<< Home