MaiaLouise

Blog of a twenty-something organizer painter caterer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eugene/New York, OR/NY, United States

I am reading little bits of twenty different books at once, practicing yoga, meditation, Alexander Technique and learning how to cook Indian cuisine. I do my best at everything I spend time on, because each activity is its own work of art.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bweep bweep burrrr.

I'm sitting at my oak desk and it is Wednesday. Drawing I was awesome this afternoon because I now am required to draw for hours and hours on the weekend in a whitely lit studio building (open 24/7!). There will be senior art majors there, sitting and smoking and staring at their art. There will be silly people who purposefully cover themselves in charcoal in order to look artsy, and don't wipe it off even when they see mirrors. I'll be unintentionally covered in charcoal, though, and concentrating with intense passion as I draw giant feet and huge teeth.

By chance, I am in a class where we taste different alcoholic drinks and get tipsy all day. I'm dropping it. Upperclassmen boys in that class are smirky and lecherous, and the teacher is painfully insane. I would say this class could be "only at Bard," but alcoholic endearment is too widespread for me to believe this.

I'm going to go to Kline to steal several tupperwares of granola and fill bottles with water that isn't mysteriously cloudy. Good water is hard to find in the Quad. Dare I say, impossible? We're living next to a huge river, but really, it's a freakin' desert around here. I feeeel thirsty.

*sigh* Communicating is tiring me out. Late night conversations are fascinating, but I don't think I can HANDLE much more excitement. My robotic powers are sputtering and turning off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maia
I am confused as to this class where you drink and get tipsy etc. What on earth. My head is going to explode because I can't comprehend it. Is it really just the way you describe it? Or am I just dumb? Probably.
Oh and I agree with mr or mrs flowering trees over here, that you have a cool blog. Except with ME, it's actually coming straight from the heart. Think I'm trying to soften you up just to plug some website? *puffs up chest, points at it with thumb* No siree bob. Yeah, that's right. I think you have a very rereshing and unique writing style and it makes me go :) to read stuff from you.
Well I hope you're having a good time in NY, it sounds like you are to me, unless I'm totally missing something. I still have like over 2 more weeks of summer, woooo.
Oh and in other news I got my wisdom teeth out today and I'm all numb and gauzed. Yepppp.
K well see ya

Jeff
you know, from Eugene. Just in case you met like one or more dudes named Jeff at Bard that read this blog and comment all the time.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home